Founded in 2013 in Floyd County, Virginia, Springhouse is an intergenerational learning community working towards a vision of regenerative culture where all people are connected to the vitality within themselves, their community, and the Earth. We work towards this vision by providing vitality-centered education that empowers us to more courageously serve the world’s emerging needs. Vitality centered education is lived out through our five Sourced Design principles that emerged from eight years of practice at Springhouse and include:
- Taking care of vulnerability.
- Cultivating personhood.
- Building beloved community.
- Respecting the wisdom of the Earth.
- Loving and serving others.
Springhouse is located on an 11-acre farm that provides opportunities for learning and community engagement with this vitality-centered model. Springhouse offers programs for youth and adults including:
- an accredited Day School for 12-18 year olds
- coming-of-age programs for 8-18 year olds
- Adult programs include
- A 2-year certificate program in Regenerative Cultural Design and Practice
- Depth courses that invite adults to cultivate presence and personhood in many ways.
- Through the Sourced Design Network we share this life giving design with those who are interested in fostering vitality in their lives and communities.