Wilderness Vigil Program 2022-2023
September 14, 2022 - June 16, 2023
In this fortification course for adults, we invite the simple yet profound practice of being with the Earth, without distraction, sunup to sundown, four times throughout the year. This discipline of being with the Earth for an extended period of time has the potential to transform us. We are not used to being without our creature comforts and everyday distractions. When we sit with ourselves and the rhythms of the Earth, we encounter parts of ourselves that typically go unnoticed. We also put ourselves in the way of receiving the subtle, or not so subtle, teachings of the Earth.
The form of this course is simple. We will meet once in the beginning of the series to orient to this practice and to one another. Then, we will gather four times throughout the year, once per season, to spend a full day on a beautiful 100 acre property in Floyd County, Virginia. At the end of the day, we will sit together to share insights and reflections that emerged from our solo time. This practice will be led by Dr. Jenny Finn and Sarah Merfeld. Jenny and Sarah have humbly engaged in this practice for years and have each participated in a multi-day Vision Quest experience. Join us if you wish to be fortified so that you can show up to your work in the world with greater courage and capacity.
What: Wilderness Vigil
When: Intro Meeting at Springhouse Campus: Wednesday, September 14th 6-8pm
- Fall Vigil: Saturday, October 8th, sunrise-sunset
- Winter Vigil: Saturday, January 14th, sunrise-sunset
- Spring Vigil: Saturday, March 25th, sunrise-sunset
- Summer Vigil: Saturday, June 17th, sunrise-sunset
Program Facilitators: Jenny Finn and Sarah Merfeld
We see your financial contribution not as a fee-for-service transaction, but as an investment in our vision and mission. Contributions for all our programs are self-determined and no one is turned away for lack of resources. While we provide cost-estimates and value comparisons for our programs to inform investment, these are not suggested contributions. Please take the time to read a more detailed overview of our generative economic model here.
When determining of your financial contribution, we ask you to consider:
- Program costs: We estimate that on average it costs Springhouse $573.75 per participant to offer this program. Note: we rely on some folks contributing more because some will need to contribute less
- Program value: We found comparable programs valued at $320-1,200
- Dream Contribution: How much would you like to contribute if you had the means?
- Personal means: Look at your household budget to see what’s actually possible. We can arrange a payment plan if that is helpful.
- Personal network: Consider the people you might know who can invest in a vision of regenerative culture. Reach out.
To maintain relationship as a foundation of our economic model, we encourage you to reach out to Chris or someone else on the Springhouse team and share your reflections engaging in this process.