Fall 2022 Sacred Dance Series
September 28 - December 7
At Springhouse, dance holds us together as a community in ways that words simply cannot. We dance to strengthen our bonds, to celebrate, and to summon the vitality, courage, and joy it takes to serve a world in need. We invite anyone who wants to reclaim their relationship with their bodies, and foster vitality within themselves in the safety of community, to join us. NO dance experience is required and all abilities are welcome.
Our first class in the Sacred Dance Fall Series is open for drop-ins. This offers people new to Sacred Dance to have an experience of the practice prior to committing to the whole series. If you’re curious about how we dance at Springhouse, join us for the first session on Wednesday, September 28th, 6:30-8PM!
What: Sacred Dance Series
Where: Springhouse (144 Silver Maple Lane, Pilot, VA)
When: Wednesdays, 6:30-8PM: September 28 October 12 October 26 November 9 November 30 December 7
This practice is facilitated by Sarah Merfeld and Sarah Piper Pollock, who have been apprenticing with Dr. Jenny Finn to lead this practice for over 5 years. They’ve each facilitated dance for both youth and adults at Springhouse for years.
We see your financial contribution not as a fee-for-service transaction, but as an investment in our vision and mission. Contributions for all our programs are self-determined and no one is turned away for lack of resources. While we provide cost-estimates and value comparisons for our programs to inform investment, these are not suggested contributions. Please take the time to read a more detailed overview of our generative economic model here.
When determining of your financial contribution, we ask you to consider:
- Program costs: We estimate that on average it costs Springhouse $293 per participant to offer this program. Note: we rely on some folks contributing more because some will need to contribute less
- Program value: We found comparable programs valued at $60-90
- Dream Contribution: How much would you like to contribute if you had the means?
- Personal means: Look at your household budget to see what’s actually possible. We can arrange a payment plan if that is helpful.
- Personal network: Consider the people you might know who can invest in a vision of regenerative culture. Reach out.
To maintain relationship as a foundation of our economic model, we encourage you to reach out to Chris or someone else on the Springhouse team and share your reflections engaging in this process.