- This event has passed.
Things You Want To Say But Don’t: Printmaking And Truth-Telling
October 11, 2022 - December 13, 2022
“Things You Want To Say, But Don’t” is a space for teens (ages 14-18) to explore expressing themselves through art, specifically through various forms of printmaking. This program invites us to explore how people have used various forms of printing through history as a tool for expression and social change. Each session we will make prints on paper, fabric and other found materials.
What: Things You Want To Say But Don’t: Printmaking And Truth-Telling
Where: Springhouse Downtown (203 Fox Street NW, Unit A, Floyd, VA)
When: Tuesdays, 4-6PM: October 11th, 18th, 25th; November 1st, 8th, 15th, 29th; December 6th, 13th
This art-centered offering is facilitated by Roxanne Greenberg, a Springhouse team member who cares about how we cultivate resiliency to thrive, learn from differences, and work to restore what needs repair.
We see your financial contribution not as a fee-for-service transaction, but as an investment in our vision and mission. Contributions for all our programs are self-determined and no one is turned away for lack of resources. While we provide cost-estimates and value comparisons for our programs to inform investment, these are not suggested contributions. You can read a more detailed overview of our generative economic model here.
When determining of your financial contribution, we ask you to consider:
- Program costs: We estimate that on average it costs Springhouse $259 per participant to offer this program. Note: we rely on some folks contributing more because some will need to contribute less
- Program value: We found comparable programs valued at $125-450
- Dream Contribution: How much would you like to contribute if you had the means?
- Personal means: Look at your household budget to see what’s actually possible. We can arrange a payment plan if that is helpful.
- Personal network: Consider the people you might know who can invest in a vision of regenerative culture. Reach out.
To maintain relationship as a foundation of our economic model, we encourage you to reach out to Chris or someone else on the Springhouse team and share your reflections engaging in this process.