- This event has passed.
January 2023 Community Meal
January 13 @ 12:15 PM - 1:15 PM UTC+0
Breaking Bread is an initiative of Springhouse that brings community members together over a meal to eat good food and share conversation with one another.
Community Sponsor for the January 2023 meal is Whitlock’s Garage! We’re so grateful for the support of local businesses that allow the meal to be accessible for all who wish to join us. We also greatly appreciate local farms who have contributed ingredients towards this meal: Riverstone Farm and Glade Road Growing.
Donations are welcome to support Springhouse and we encourage registering for the event (allows to plan for seating and food quantities).
Sign-up today and join us for a New Year community meal on Friday, January 13th, 12:15-1:15 PM.
On the menu:
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Black Eyed Pea salad
- Rice and Fresh Bread
- Roasted Root Veggies
We see your financial contribution not as a fee-for-service transaction, but as an investment in our vision and mission. Contributions for all our programs are self-determined and no one is turned away for lack of resources. While we provide cost-estimates and value comparisons for our programs to inform investment, these are not suggested contributions. Please take the time to read a more detailed overview of our generative economic model here.
When determining of your financial contribution, we ask you to consider:
- Program costs: We estimate that on average it costs Springhouse $11 per participant to offer this program. Note: we rely on some folks contributing more because some will need to contribute less
- Program value: We found comparable programs valued at $5-$40
- Dream Contribution: How much would you like to contribute if you had the means?
- Personal means: Look at your household budget to see what’s actually possible. We can arrange a payment plan if that is helpful.
- Personal network: Consider the people you might know who can invest in a vision of regenerative culture. Reach out.
To maintain relationship as a foundation of our economic model, we encourage you to reach out to Chris or someone else on the Springhouse team and share your reflections engaging in this process.