- This event has passed.
Fall 2022 Yoga Series
October 3 - November 7
Yoga Through the Lens of the Sutras: The Yamas and Niyamas
The practice and study of Yoga is one of the “thousand ways to kneel and kiss the ground,” as Rumi says. This series, led by Springhouse staff member and certified yoga instructor, H (they/them), will explore this doorway to the body, the self, and the sacred through the lens of The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the first two of the eight limbs Patanjali articulates. Each of these six classes will include pranayama, meditation, asana, self-study, and group explorations. Since they are currently immersed in a three-year masters program in Yoga Studies, H will bring a perspective to the practice that is informed by Yoga’s rich and complex history and an appreciation and growing knowledge of Indian culture.
All levels welcome; some experience with the practice is recommended but not required.
What: Fall 2022 Yoga Series
Where: Springhouse (144 Silver Maple Lane, Pilot, VA)
When: Six Mondays, 6:15-7:30PM: October 3rd – November 7th
This practice is facilitated by H Leopold (they/them). H Leopold (they/them) is a 200HR RYT with hundreds of hours of teaching experience, which ranges from teen-only offerings and queer yoga, to mini yoga retreats, gentle practices with seniors, and all-levels flow. They are passionate about creating safe, welcoming, and intimate spaces where all can experience healing.
We see your financial contribution not as a fee-for-service transaction, but as an investment in our vision and mission. Contributions for all our programs are self-determined and no one is turned away for lack of resources. While we provide cost-estimates and value comparisons for our programs to inform investment, these are not suggested contributions. Please take the time to read a more detailed overview of our generative economic model here.
When determining of your financial contribution, we ask you to consider:
- Program costs: We estimate that on average it costs Springhouse $202 per participant to offer this program. Note: we rely on some folks contributing more because some will need to contribute less
- Program value: We found comparable programs valued at $54-$200
- Dream Contribution: How much would you like to contribute if you had the means?
- Personal means: Look at your household budget to see what’s actually possible. We can arrange a payment plan if that is helpful.
- Personal network: Consider the people you might know who can invest in a vision of regenerative culture. Reach out.
To maintain relationship as a foundation of our economic model, we encourage you to reach out to Chris or someone else on the Springhouse team and share your reflections engaging in this process.