- This event has passed.
October 6, 2022 - November 9, 2022
The circle is a universal symbol with deep meaning. In this six week course we will focus on the art of calligraphy as a method of expression and a way of getting to know this sacred symbol. Sarah will guide you through brush strokes and the meditative practice of drawing the zen circle.
What: Drawing Enso
Where: Springhouse Downtown (203 Fox Street NW, Unit A, Floyd, VA)
When: Thursdays, 6-7PM, October 6th – November 10th, 2022
This art-centered offering is facilitated by Sarah Piper Pollock, Springhouse Development Director.
We see your financial contribution not as a fee-for-service transaction, but as an investment in our vision and mission. Contributions for all our programs are self-determined and no one is turned away for lack of resources. While we provide cost-estimates and value comparisons for our programs to inform investment, these are not suggested contributions. You can read a more detailed overview of our generative economic model here.
When determining of your financial contribution, we ask you to consider:
- Program costs: We estimate that on average it costs Springhouse $170 per participant to offer this program. Note: we rely on some folks contributing more because some will need to contribute less
- Program value: We found comparable programs valued at $75-$120
- Dream Contribution: How much would you like to contribute if you had the means?
- Personal means: Look at your household budget to see what’s actually possible. We can arrange a payment plan if that is helpful.
- Personal network: Consider the people you might know who can invest in a vision of regenerative culture. Reach out.
To maintain relationship as a foundation of our economic model, we encourage you to reach out to Chris or someone else on the Springhouse team and share your reflections engaging in this process.