We are pleased to announce the beginning of a new initiative at Springhouse.
Springhouse started as a high school in 2014 to redesign education in ways that slowly bring forth a more vital culture. With nine years of experience, we now know that in order to grow a vital culture we must educate and use media to share the message that, “Life is a gift, and it is up to us to take care of it.”
Sourced Press will share Sourced Design through books, posters, and cards. We will publish and sell high-quality letterpress and screen-printed, hand-made literature to further our mission of sharing Sourced Design to create a culture that takes care of Life.
Join us for the grand opening of the Sourced Press print shop on Saturday, May 27th, 6-9 PM (after our 5th Annual Gathering!) where we will launch our first book through an immersive art experience called The Seven Doors.
The grand opening will include:
- Opportunities at the print shop for people to experiment with letterpress and screen printing
- The launch of the first book – Consider the Source: a design for living, by Dr. Jenny Finn – where the first copies will be for sale (pre-order available now!)
- An immersive art experience curated by local artists and community members highlighting Sourced Design, the cultural design practiced and shared by Springhouse.
- This experience will highlight the work of local artist Lore Deighan, who donated her time and experience to create seven works of art with found and donated doors.
- Springhouse learner Elliot Reilly, whoisapprenticing with local sculptor, Charlie Brouwer, is creating a large wooden sculpture central to the installation.
- There will be food, music, and much more!
We hope you will join us for the launch of Springhouse’s exciting new initiative!
Register for the grand opening event
Follow Sourced Press on Instagram