We are pleased to announce the beginning of a new initiative at Springhouse.
Springhouse started as a high school in 2014 to redesign education in ways that slowly bring forth a more vital culture. With nine years of experience, we now know that in order to grow a vital culture we must educate and use media to share the message that, “Life is a gift, and it is up to us to take care of it.”
Sourced Press will share Sourced Design through books, posters, and cards. We will publish and sell high-quality letterpress and screen-printed, hand-made literature to further our mission of sharing Sourced Design to create a culture that takes care of Life.
Join us for the grand opening of the Sourced Press print shop on Saturday, May 27th, 6-9 PM (after our 5th Annual Gathering!) where we will launch our first book through an immersive art experience called The Seven Doors.
The grand opening will include:
- Opportunities at the print shop for people to experiment with letterpress and screen printing
- The launch of the first book – Consider the Source: a design for living, by Dr. Jenny Finn – where the first copies will be for sale (pre-order available now!)
- An immersive art experience curated by local artists and community members highlighting Sourced Design, the cultural design practiced and shared by Springhouse.
- This experience will highlight the work of local artist Lore Deighan, who donated her time and experience to create seven works of art with found and donated doors.
- Springhouse learner Elliot Reilly, whoisapprenticing with local sculptor, Charlie Brouwer, is creating a large wooden sculpture central to the installation.
- There will be food, music, and much more!
We hope you will join us for the launch of Springhouse’s exciting new initiative!